Wednesday 22 February 2012

Want It Wednesday #14 - Cotic Soul

Quite simply my Want It Wednesday has boiled down to my desire for a new bike frame.  I figured that I wanted a full sus but have started to realise that they are just too expensive for me right now and I still don't think I can be chewed with the extra maintenance they need.
I had am still considering 29ers instead but I keep coming back to this little beauty.  The Cotic Soul. A 853 Reynold steel frame weighing in at 4.4lbs.  It's probably a bit old school of me to be looking at steel but this metal is still perfect material for riding and last for years without loosing its feel like alloy frames do.  They have much cleaner lines too and the welds are tiny and just gorgeous.  This is a versatile little thing though and can take a fork from 100mm to 140mm giving a choice of xc race bike or trail bike fun.  The frame alone retails in at £480 and comes in black or orange.
All I have to do now is decide which colour........ 
For more information for the Soul and other bikes go to www.cotic.co.uk
 "One of the best steel hardtail frames: well designed and thoroughly practical for hard and fast trail riding" - BikeRadar
the Soul is now fully certified for up to 140mm travel forks, rides better than ever and yet weighs just 40grams more than the outgoing model


Bridge-less S-bend chainstays
with Cotic Hexten gussets for improved fatigue life and massive mud
clearance

4130 cromo wishbone stay rear end
Images from www.cotic.co.uk

What are you wanting at the moment then?

This week I am joined by Paul, Lindsay and Merry*Death who you can see by clicking on their names and visiting their excellent blogs.

If you too would like to join in the fun too, then you can by going to the tab marked 'want it wednesday' and following the instructions


4 Comments:

A great looking frame Jez...Looks cracking in orange and nothing wrong with a bit of old school steel..!!

-Trevor

I love steel Trevor. Probably like you I've come from a steel frame background before all things went alloy and carbon. Something about how they ride I love. They look great too.

Steel is real! I loves me an awesome steel bike, and the orange is a great pop of color! Nice welds, great design, clean geometry - nice pick!

I'll never give up my steel Specialized.1984 and still going strong.

Post a Comment